Thursday 3 May 2018

Art Winner - Abbey MacNamara 6th Class


PUNCHESTOWN ART 2018
We started by drawing our Punchestown art entries in school, I started by drawing a jockey bringing a horse into the parade ring after winning a race with the sponsors in the background.
About a week later Ms. Flanagan came into our class to tell me that I had won!! Later she announced it on the intercom. We went to Punchestown on the Saturday which is the family day. I had been told earlier to go to the secretary’s office to get details of when I was getting my prize. They were all very nice to me and told me what would be happening.
 At around 2:30 we went into the parade ring where I would be receiving my prize. The presentation was delayed as jockey Nina Carberry had announced her retirement after winning her last race. Then it was my turn. I was brought up onto the stage in the parade ring and I was presented with my award by an AES representative. There were 2 giant bins as AES mascots who were in some of my pictures.
Later on I met up with some of my friends and went on some of the fairground rides. I also went out to the racecourse and watched some races. It was a great day and had lots of fun!
 Abbey MacNamara 6th Class Hazel.